Chalmers Ventures (investor - Venture Capital)
Marcus Bäcklund, Håkan Krook
B2B (15) Affiliates (6) SAAS (5) Freemium (4) B2C (Retail) (3) Advertising (3)
Showing 10 of 28 tracked Nordic investments in:
|Name||Date||Round value||Total raised|
|Swedish Algae Factory||May 2017||590k||590k|
|Zero Point Technologies||Feb 2017||1.29M||1.29M|
|Stayble Therapeutics||Oct 2016||1.02M||1.37M|
* The round values and totals raised are in USD.
** Click on the company for its details and on the round amount for the investment details.
Chalmers Ventures mostly invests with:
|Almi Invest (9)||Swedish Algae Factory, Raceone, Monivent, Stayble Therapeutics, Promimic, Metry, Minalyze, LumenRadio|
|Alexander Hars (3)||Winningtemp, Trine, Maurten|
Since 1999 Chalmers Innovation has worked with over 200 projects and started more than 130 companies.
Over 2,700 business ideas have been evaluated which has led to the contribution of 1.5 billion private investments in start up’s. By 2011 the companies had a total turnover of 558 million SEK and 406 employees which has led Chalmers Innovation to be Sweden’s leading idea investor and business developer.
Chalmers Ventures is also responsible for programs such as Incubation, Technology Transfers and Accelerator, Startup Camp and workshop sessions.
In 2015 Chalmers University of Technology Chalmers decided to gather forces to strengthen, rationalise and scale up their entrepreneurship activities. 300 million SEK of investment capital was to be provided in over a 10 year period along with financing of the operations to bring forth more and newly established companies associated with Chalmers.
We mainly invest in projects and companies that is currently, was previously, or intend to be a part of our programs. We consider four phases of investments;
- Idea verification - 50 000 SEK. This is allocated to our programs Encubation and Startup Camp.
- Pre-seed – projects or companies in explore phase, up to 300 000 SEK. Investment objects are selected by the incubator process managers.
- Seed – Companies in nail phase, up to 5 MSEK. Investment should always be syndicated with at least as much capital from other parties, and companies are selected by the Investment Managers.
- Growth investments – companies in scale phase. Available for the few companies to achieve good value growth when a business model is verified. The maximum investment for a company through all the four phases is 15 MSEK. Syndication with other investors is preferred, and required when new capital is to be provided to the company.
All investment objects must have a clear connection to Göteborg, be innovative and operate within sectors such as ICT, new materials, environmental engineering, medical technology or biotechnology.