10 takeways and graphs about the Nordic startup ecosystem in Q3 2020.
September is gone and so is Q3 of a very eventful year. We put together the Nordic transactions details from what we have gathered so far and tried to understand what is happening in the local startup ecosystem.
Here's what we found:
- Q3 had more money spent in the venture market than in the entire first part of the year: $2.75bn vs. $2.24bn
- 7 out of 206 transactions we tracked in the Nordics for the 2020 Q3 account for more than 60% of the dollar investments.
- Also Q3 saw a record number of deals higher than $20 million.
- The bad news: we're in recession, and overall this Q3 is the worst in 5 years in terms of the number of deals closed, 20% less that last year and 30% lower than in the best year from our data covering the past 15.
The data supporting this and a lot more details you can dig and analyze - graphs, numbers and insights available in a synthetic report here.
The report is FREE to read, but you need to login in order to access it. It takes 20 seconds, you know the drill, don't be lazy! :-)
- Q3 2020 - What were the largest 20 deals in the quarter
- Q3 2020 - The most active investors in the Nordics
- What you need to know about the Nordic investment market in August 2020.
- Interesting early stage deals made by non-Nordic investors in the first half of 2020.
- A guide of the family offices from Sweden