Thank you for using Nordic 9.
2. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Whenever you may access or sign up to Nordic 9's services, activities or online content, or create an account using the Nordic 9's online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of Nordic 9 services, including what you read, and items such as performed searches, saves, edits or adding of content. Where we provide personalised services, we may ask your permission to review third party data about you, for example, your Twitter or Facebook feeds, to get to know you better and to provide more effective personalisation.
Nordic 9 also collects some information about unique online identifiers used to access the services, such as IP addresses, device ID numbers, device settings, information on software and operating system as well as general information about your use of the device.
3. HOW WILL NORDIC 9 USE THE COLLECTED DATA?
Nordic 9 will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries. For example we use data in order to ensure technical functionality of the service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the website and its features and data, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through N9;
- to provide you with an improved and customised user experience while using our service and products, services, and/or advertising. For example we may use data for providing customised, personalised, or localised content, recommendations, features, and advertising on or outside of the Service.
- to enable the communication with you in an user-friendly manner. For example that means that Nordic 9 may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for.
- to offer a more relevant, tailored service, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services. Those means of communication may include emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive.
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud.
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide. For additional information, please see the Terms of Service.
- for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services offered by Nordic 9.
Please note that Nordic 9 may disclose personal information to its partners. Personal data will only be disclosed to authorities when required by law or an official authority decision
4. WILL NORDIC 9 SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will keep your information within Nordic 9 except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, including for child protection reasons).
Generally, we will use your information within Nordic 9 and will only share it outside Nordic 9 where you have requested it or given your consent. Nordic 9 may transfer, process and store information about users on servers located in a number of countries. At the same time Nordic 9 may share your information with our partners and service providers we use in order to carry out the activities specified in the Agreements.
We may also share with third party sites (i.e. Facebook, Google, or Twitter) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third party sites. Sometimes Nordic 9 uses third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
Nordic 9 endeavours to provide the best service, including offering accurate and up-to-date information. We provide you with settings to allow you to choose which communications you receive from us, manage your public account information, and set your sharing preferences. However, certain information may always be publicly available to others and other information is made publicly available to others by default.
To change whether certain information is publicly available, you can adjust the settings in your account. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will accommodate your request to the extent possible (i.e. unless we have a legal obligation to retain the information for our records).
Nordic 9 is commited to take all the necessarry measures to protect our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Nordic 9 service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
7. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Nordic 9. If you delete your Nordic 9 account then your personal information is deleted immediately.
8. CAN I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?
You can always delete your Nordic 9 account by following the instructions in your account details section. Deleting your account will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you.
9. WEB BROWSER COOKIES
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a "device") web browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser's preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
Nordic 9 may keep cookies record information and similar technologies about your online preferences in order to tailor our services to your interests, as well as learn how our services are being used and to improve both your experience and the basic functionality of the website. Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us recognise when you are signed in to your account and to provide a more personalised experience.
Please note that you may notice some cookies that are not related to Nordic 9 services. You may be presented with cookies from third parties such as Google Analytics and these third party cookies may track your use of our website to collect data about user behaviour for their own purposes. Nordic 9 does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party's website for more information. You can find out about changing your cookie settings here. More info about how Google collects, handles and uses data can be found here.
Updated May 5, 2019