What you need to know about the Nordic investment market in January 2021.
We are wrapping up the books with the startup deals from the Nordics for the month of January 2021.
It was an average month, 20% fewer deals than in January 2020, with most of the dealflow (50%) concentrated in $1-10M transactions.
As it has been the case for the past 4 years or so, we have prepared the essential numbers showing the big picture of what went on in the Nordic market:
- 86 deals | $1.3bn | 16 with undisclosed value
- 103 deals | $639M | 31 with undisclosed value (January 2020)
- < $500k: 6 deals | $1.7M
- $500k-1M: 5 deals | $4M
- $1-5M: 31 deals | $71M
- $5-10M: 11 deals | $76M
- $10-20M: 6 deals | $91M
- $20-50M: 7 deals | $180M
- $50M+: 4 deals | $828M
- n/a: 16 deals
- software: 45 deals | $287M
- mobile apps: 23 deals | $612M
- manufacturing: 19 deals | $132M
- financial services: 17 deals | $106M
- health services: 13 deals | $60M
- marketplaces: 12 deals | $639M
- 221 active investors
- 66 VC companies
- 82 angel investors
- 73 other types
- Stockholm 25 deals
- Copenhagen 11 deals
- Oslo 9 deals
- Helsinki 7 deals
- Gothenburg 6 deals
We also produced reports digging deeper into the data.
- The largest 15 Nordic deals from January 2021
- The list with the most active investors in January 2021 - VCs and angel investors
The reports are FREE to read but you need to login to access them.