SenseGraphics was acquired by Surgical Science for $32M.

Share:

SenseGraphics AB, a Stockholm, Sweden-based medical simulator software developer, announced that it was acquired by Surgical Science Sweden AB, a bigger competitor based in Gothenburg.

The deal was made for SEK 300M ($32M) paid by Surgical Science to Tommy Forsell and Daniel Evestedt. 60% will be paid in the form of cash and remaining 40% in the form of equity consideration. Daniel Evestedt will continue working with SenseGraphics and Tommy Forsell will remain as a board member.

SenseGraphics AB, founded in 2004, develops next generation medical simulator software for a wide range of surgical procedures. In 2018, it was profitable and reported a revenue of SEK 33M ($3.5M).

Surgical Science Sweden AB, led by CEO Gisli Hennermark, is a listed Sweden-based company that develops and markets virtual reality simulators for evidence-based keyhole surgery and endoscopic training. The simulators allow surgeons and other medical specialists to practice and improve their psychomotor skills and instrument management prior to access to the operating room. In parallel with their own products, Surgical Science works with simulation solutions for medical technology companies that develop surgical instruments for clinical use, such as robot surgery.

Total investments received (USD): N/A
Top