Best 50 Nordic - the most promising early stage startups from the Nordics, the 2021 edition.
That time of the year of analysing the big picture with what happened on the Nordic startup ecosystem last year.
We tracked 1120 investment deals (worth $6.94bn) that were announced in Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Finland in 2020.
More than half of them, almost 600 startups, were in deals of $1 million or less (including the ones with no data disclosed).
Out of those 600, we selected 50 which we think have the potential to build sustainable great business. We did the selection based on properly analyzing their fundamentals - the total addresable market, the business model, team and KPIs.
We put our findings in a report profiling all the 50 those promising early stage startups from Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland, including their investors, and the money they raised.
Not a customer yet? It's easy and very affordable - choose a package that suits your needs from here.
The report includes:
- 17 startups from Sweden and 15 from Norway
- 8 startups each from Denmark and Finland and 2 from Iceland
- 18 SAAS startups and 10 in the food business (which is a pretty hot sector across Europe)
- 6 (!) climate change-focused startups and 6 marketplaces
- 8 startups with a DTC model and 6 active in the financial services
- no code, VR (3 startups), education, fashion, music, health, video, ogistics and alternative packaging